Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Zodiac Ladies and the Wonders of Photomerge

Hello Friends!

I recently discovered the Photomerge feature in Photoshop, and I'm in love with it. Since most of my work is too big for my scanner, I was stitching my scanned images together manually. It was pretty time consuming and difficult to get the images exactly lined up, but Photomerge stitches them in about four mouse clicks and it's perfect every time. I had to scan Sagittarius in three pieces and it still came out seamless. This feature is probably obvious to a lot of people, but in case you haven't heard of it:

Go to File>Automate>Photomerge, select the files you need to stitch, click ok and watch the magic unfold before your eyes. Sometimes I am overly impressed by technology. I love you Photomerge 8D

Anyway, here are (finally) the last two ladies in my zodiac series. It felt really good to finish these. I have a lot of projects in various stages of completion and it's nice to cross one off my list.

Sagittarius; Watercolor 2012

 Some of you may recognize Sagittarius, it's my friend Kelsey again :) She was kind enough to pose for me for about half of my zodiac series and since Sagittarius is her sign, I decided to make this one look like her. Thanks Kelsey!


Virgo; Watercolor 2012

Virgo apparently time traveled here from 1991. I didn't realize just how 90s she was until I painted her hair and I was like "Oh hay, Stephanie from Full House, what are you doing here?"

 Hope you guys enjoy these! Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment