Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Leaf by Leaf

On Christmas I found out that one of my drawings was accepted into Society of Illustrators West! Since I haven't posted it before, I want to share the piece with you now.

Surveillance; Graphite, 2012

 It's a graphite drawing I did in Lawrence Yun's descriptive drawing class last spring, and I've got to say it was a complete pain in the ass! The whole time I was working on it, I regretted choosing such an elaborate subject. That tree is outside the window of my apartment and I kind of hated looking at it because it reminds me of all the hours I spent drawing it leaf by leaf. But now I like it again. I forgive you, tree. I am so surprised and excited to be included in this competition. I really didn't think I stood a chance with all the talented people that enter this thing, despite how many times Lawrence told me this piece was great. So a big thanks to Lawrence, to Chris for modeling for me, to my biffles, Ryan Paull, for lending me those binoculars, to that stupid tree for having so many damn leaves, and to everyone else who has supported me...and to you for reading this! See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment