Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

green magazine

So I didn't completely intend to take a second semester of graphic design (animal and wildlife drawing was full, it's always full as you can imagine) but I'm glad I did because I feel a lot more confident about designing now, and I'm a lot happier with these projects than I am with the ones I did the previous semester. I took it with Chen Wang again, also unintentionally (it was listed as Staff when I registered) and this time all of our projects where components of Green Magazine, an imaginary (only not, because there is at least one real magazine with that name) publication about eco-friendliness.

Magazine Cover Assignment, Version 1. Illustrator and Photoshop.


Magazine Cover Assignment, Version 2. Prismacolor Pencil, Finished in Illustrator and Photoshop.


Feature Article Assignment 1. Pen and Ink, Finished in Photoshop and Illustrator.
I was supposed to use InDesign for these, but I don't have it and don't have hundreds of dollars to buy it. I just did my best with the text in Illustrator, so I know I have a bunch of straggly text things happening (I already forgot the design jargon for it). Other than that I'm really happy with these.





Feature Article Assignment 2. Photographs by me, finished in Photoshop and Illustrator.
The model is Kelsey Born Awesome Haugen, riding her bike with flat tires on probably the stupidest day to take pictures with the crappiest camera of all time.




Infographic Assignment. Illustrator.



And this is just the invitation to our annual Christmas Party. It wasn't part of the class but I did it around the same time. Hand-inked illustration, colored and finished in Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment